The MSK Physiotherapy service works with people with a variety of injuries and disabilities to maximise their rehabilitation and recovery.
We specialise in treating musculoskeletal conditions. Some of the conditions for which MSK Physiotherapy has been demonstrated to be beneficial include:
- Neck and back pain
- Sporting injuries
- Lower limb injuries including groin, hip, knee, ankle and foot
- Upper limb injuries including shoulder, elbow, wrist and hand
- Joint problems
- Post-operative rehabilitaiton
- Occupational work disorders
Click for more details
Podiatry is a field of healthcare devoted to the treatment of foot and ankle disorders in both adults and children.
At Cardiff and Vale University Health Board, our team of Podiatrists provide assessment, advice, guidance and where necessary treatment to help with your foot problems.
The Psychology and Psychological Therapies Directorate provides adult counselling and psychology services throughout the Cardiff & Vale Health Board, including Primary Care (GP surgeries) in Cardiff and the Vale of Glamorgan. It is organised into a number of specialties
Click for more details
Help Me Quit is the single point of contact for smokers who want to stop smoking in Wales.
All Help Me Quit services in Wales will provide you with structured support on preparing to quit, quitting, staying stopped and your smoke-free future. Sessions are always delivered by trained stop smoking experts. There are a number of services in Wales. All services are free and will give you the best chance of quitting smoking for good. When you choose a Help Me Quit service, your stop smoking expert will discuss the different types of stop smoking medications which are available to help you quit
The services provide adult autism diagnostic assessment (sometimes jointly with other services), support and advice for autistic adults, parents/ carers, and professionals.
If you need dementia support, we’re here for you. We know dementia affects everyone differently. So whether you, a loved one, a friend or neighbour is affected by dementia, we’re here to support you.
Audiology is the discipline concerned with assessment and treatment of hearing and balance disorders in adults and children.
Occupational therapy helps you live your best life at home, at work – and everywhere else. It’s about being able to do the things you want and have to do. That could mean helping you overcome challenges learning at school, going to work, playing sport or simply doing the dishes. Everything is focused on your wellbeing and your ability to participate in activities.
Click for more details
People across Wales can now access free online therapy without needing to go through their GP.
People aged 16 and over experiencing mild to moderate anxiety, depression or stress can sign-up for a 12-week course of SilverCloud online therapy via their smartphone, tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
The roll-out of direct access to online therapy for Wales’ entire 16+ population recognises that people need immediate help in managing their mental health and wellbeing as the impact of COVID-19 continues to be felt, and reduces barriers to accessing this support.
Drug and Alcohol Support
Click a hyperlink below to find out more
- DAN 24/7 services are available to people who live in Wales. Our helpline is open 24 hours a day, 365 days of the year. You can talk confidentially to fully trained operators by calling us on: 0808 808 2234
- Drink less – Cutting back on the booze can be a really effective way to improve your health, boost your energy, lose weight and save money.Any reduction in the amount you drink every week will be beneficial – and with the right help, it’s easier than you think.We have some simple tips and tools to help you start cutting down today. Let’s do this!
- Barod – Our aim is to support anyone who is ready to change and to make a difference to their own lives or the lives of others.This means providing high-quality, free and confidential support and guidance to anyone who is affected by drug or alcohol use, either their own or someone else’s; and raising awareness about the ways we can all help to reduce the harm caused by substance use.
There are a wide range of activities both gym based and class based to choose from for patients that have been through rehabilitation programmes. You will be able to access a wide range of opportunities and these will be available between 4 and 48 weeks of the programme (depending on medical condition).